Sunday, August 21, 2011

My Baby Is Starting Kindergarten

And I am....I don't know...

Sad, nostalgic, excited, unsure, thankful, OLD!

How have we gone from this:
















to THIS????






Though we have much thinking and praying to do about Jacob's further education (as my post-in-the-works will share), I know that this is where he should be right now:

Kindergarten at ECDC Notre Dame with many of the friends he's known for years, especially Clara.


And as we pack up the whole family tomorrow, walk him in, snap a dozen photos and walk away I'll soak it all up.  Every dimple in his handsome face, his thick unruly hair, long eyelashes, thirsty mind, big heart and incredible energy.  I will savor the moment of his first official foray into the world of "school," whatever that means for him.


But I won't forget...he'll always be my baby.


5 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful story - I have tears in my eyes! With parents like you and Kevin, your son will undoubtably be a kindergarten success story and probably another ND PhD candidate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so kind! We feel so thankful to have such an incredible boy. We also feel a great responsibility to nurture that thirst for learning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post. Thanks for this. He's such a smart kid; I'm sure he'll enjoy this year even though he's quite advanced intellectually.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucy isn't even two yet and this made me a little misty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jacob is a stud. I SERIOUSLY hope he and Lucy wed and reproduce because they will indeed have beautiful children. I'm sure you already have a bunch of stories from his first week. Can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete