Sunday, May 15, 2011

Home, Home, Home

Well, it's been 11 days since my last post, and between then and now, we packed up our apartment at Tantur, traveled to Tel Aviv via sherut, got cursed out by the sherut driver for having too much luggage, went through the insane security of Ben Gurion airport,  had an 11 hour plane ride (the kids were ROCKSTARS), layover, plane ride (more ROCKSTAR magic), ecstatic reunion with Grandpa/Grandma/Cousin Elise, car ride from Chicago and into the arms of our Village family and the lovely signs/flowers/goodies to welcome us home.  

And that was just 2 days' worth of adventures.


Upon arriving home, we jumped right back into the visiting and teatimes, water play and lingering lawn conversations, playground climbing, cooking, birthday and theme parties.


Almost a week after our departure date, I'm just now starting to realize that we are gone, that we just spent 4 life-changing months in the Holy Land.
















































I have some reflecting to do, some memories to capture and some deliberate changes to make so that the personal and familial growth that took place there can help form our new normal.


Grateful is the word that works it's way to the front of my descriptive little verbal party, swimming and dancing its way to paint my mind with gratitude.


As a dear friend used to say, it was just pure gift.....and one I'll open and re-open for the rest of my life.


**And yes, this is the first of many post-trip thoughts, so bear with me!  :)

2 comments:

  1. Welcome home! I love these pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. D- I just love your beautiful blog. Your pictures are too precious for words. My favorite from this post is the camel with its head almost directly on top of your head!

    ReplyDelete