Saturday, March 5, 2011

Apologies and Random Joys

Well, I have certainly been lagging in my posts of late!  I need to make more of a space in my day to do so, but things have been so busy with visitors and excursions, by the time we're home, I just want to vegetate.  

It really means so much to me that you all read the blog and are able to share this experience with us.  My hope is that it does bring more beauty into your life, or at least encourages the search.   Your comments, emails and affirmations are humbling, and I welcome you to post a comment if you haven't yet so I can put a "face" to those reading.  

Since the blog became public in December, we've had 4,895 hits and counting.  Way to discover the beauty, y'all!!

Random Joys:


***Jacob and Olivia's friendship.  They teeter back and forth between playmates and brother/sister dynamic and I love it.  Miss O. comes over most days, and she just jumps right into the rumpus of laundry piles and sticky faces, loving the circus of the Haley house.  This weekend,  and they sat out on the sunny courtyard on a blanket, 

 
sipping sparkling water and reading a children's version of Don Quixote.  LOVE IT!


***Ceci and her dynamic personality.  Little miss just LOVES to be independent, and will certainly speak her mind to let us know.  She is flirtatious and full of joy and literally shrieks and shakes when overcome with excitement.  She is the little princess of Tantur, making eyes and smiles at everyone, and winning hearts of young and old alike.  


***Online grocery shopping AND delivery---can't get much better than that regarding my dreaded chore.  An even added bonus was that the delivery guy came on a mo-ped, which pretty much made Jacob's night.

***A certain Jesuit who has been very generous to our family.  You know who you are!


***Chocolate bars with chocolate pop rocks.   NO. JOKE.  It's been the newfound addiction in our house, and we offer it to every guest.  You better believe we're bringing a small mountain of those babies home.  :)

***A free 3 hour walking tour of the Old City, san kiddos, just Erica, me and a random group of strangers.  More to come on that later.


These peeps:




I have waaaaaay more pics and thoughts to share, but the computer is being sassy, so I'll sign of to sleep.  :)

LOVE from across the room/building/city/country/ocean!!!!


2 comments:

  1. Love the blog, my dear! You are having such amazing adventures. And I love your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting your groceries delivered sounds like you are above and beyond just navigating your way in a foreign land. Wow! So great that Erica was able to visit.

    ReplyDelete