Monday, March 14, 2011

I promise, I am alive!!

Oy.  I feel like a bad blog mama I've been so neglectful.  Between Tel Aviv, preparing for Tom and Julia's visit, traveling to Galiee and back again, we are WIPED, but the kiddos are quickly becoming quite the little travelers. 

I fully promise after a full night's sleep and and some down time, I will post the mother of all posts, like you might need popcorn and a pot of coffee long.  Chock full of pics, a RIDICULOUS amount of stories, seriously RIDICULOUS.  In fact, I will probably have to break it up into a few different ones.

Let's just say, today alone we woke up in our shared dormer room with 4 other strangers, ate a delicious Arabic breakfast in our 200 y/o mansion turned inn in Nazareth's Old City, walked to the Church of the Annunciation, went to the Galilee mill full of colorful rainbow spices, dried fruits and nuts we were allowed to sample at will.  Jacob decided he wanted to stay there overnight.  Then we drove through the GORGEOUS Galilee countryside, down into the Judean desert and to the Dea Sea.  After the salty visit, we were on our way out when I realized I'd dropped my credit card, went to find it, found the man who had found it, went to back up (after we heard this guy beeping and revving his engine) only to be promptly rear-ended.  Yup, it happened.  Yup, we're ok, but we had some choice words with the man who seemed to have been perpetuating a scam.  Alas, we will deal with that tomorrow.  All in a day's travel, right?

Tonight is Erica's last night---  :(  ---and I must go eat her delicious scrambled egg goodness, but I'll leave you with a a few random pics.



No comments:

Post a Comment