Monday, March 28, 2011

Galilee, el fin and a Proposition

Happy Monday to all!


Now that it's been a few days, let's return to the last segment of our Galilee adventure.


After the Church of the Annunciation, we made a stop at the Babour Mill in Nazareth.  

It is seriously any spice/dried fruit/nut lover's dream come true.  I just wanted to plunge my hand into every overflowing barrel to feel the sharp edges of the almonds, and the curved smoothness of cashews.  I wanted to shove my face into the mound of dried tea roses, paint my face with the vibrant curries and swim in a sea of cinnamon.  

Okay, I totally did not mean to go all City of Angels on you (cheesy '90s Ryan/Cage movie that it is), but seriously, it was YUMMO!!  The sweet workers let us try the products before we bought them.  



 My favs were the dried pineapple and kiwi.  We're seriously thinking that a food dehydrator might be in our future.  Anyone have one?  Thoughts?

After the mill, we piled into the car for our trip to the Dead Sea.


As I went into the surreal waters the last visit, I told Kev to go on ahead and I'd tend to Ceci.  Well, the peeps were having so much fun that what we thought would be a quick dip turned into a float to the mud pits and then a float back and, of course, pics.
Jacob not having it

......but he rallied
 I was a bit grumpy (in my adolescent selfishness) as the late hour prevented our jaunt to Ein Gedi to swim in the waterfalls.  So, as everyone else changed and packed up, I walked to a kiosk for a diet coke and a snippet of solitude.  After rejoining the group, I realized that I'd dropped my credit card.

Of course I did.

So, we drove the path I walked and saw just in the knick of time to find a Dutchman proffering my card.  Not in the mood to josh about, I played the game while he teased and pretended to pocket the card, "finders keepers," ha ha, ho ho, smile and stifle a curseword and get on with it.....

During this whole charade, I was aware of a faint engine revving and annoyed car beeps.  Finally getting my card back, Kev put the car in reverse, took his foot off the break and WHAM....collision.

CRUD MUFFINS!  Of course because of my carelessness, we have an accident.


The park was closing, we were in a small corner of a HUGE series of lots, why the heck did this guy need to pull into this area?

 Kev got out and inspected our damage (moderate
and his (almost nil).  

Then when Julia found an almost exact ding on the other side of his bumper, coupled with the spacy drunk-like air with which the guy was conducting himself, our intuition was on high alert.  

Our mutual sense was that this guy was a con-man.  Because we were tired, hungry and ready to get home, we were not in the most charitable mood, and Humphrey-girls-done-been-scammed came out.  Julia took his picture (for which he smiled---what???), and I pushed him to answer what he even needed in this far deserted part of the lot.  He just snickered and poo-pooed our challenges.


Seriously?????  Maniacal Smile.  Ooo, that's a good band name.



What adventure in a foreign land is truly and adventure without some dissonance? 



After the whole charade, we had an eventful drive home and, upon driving up the hill and into Tantur's parking lot, we unpacked and walked into the apartment.


Ahh, there's no place like home.
~~~~
For those observant readers, you may recall my tale of a guest blogger.  

He promises to make good on his pledge within the next 3.14159265358979 days.


Speaking of guest bloggers, I have a proposition to make.


So as to stir things up a bit, and relieve your Danielleisms-weary eyes, I'd like to give an open invitation to anyone else who'd like to do a guest post.  

Perhaps you have a book, film, painting you loved and would like to share a reflection.  Maybe you have a video of you doing a stupid human trick.  Maybe there's a recipe, a phrase in Elvish, a deep thought you want the world to know. 

Now is your chance.  

I'd love to see this blog evolve, especially upon our return to the States, as a forum of sorts for fellow beauty seekers.  I know you're out there!!


I'd love to have 3 guest bloggers this month, so do it up, folks.  

Email, facebook, telegram or skype me with your willingness and ideas.  


Will you be brave enough to share your slice of beauty?


Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment