Wednesday, April 13, 2011

First Beauty Fest

A hearty thank you to those who so generously shared the beauty.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE reading, savoring and sharing all the different perspectives and experiences.

 Now that y'all know the call for beauty is coming on Sundays, keep your eyes and ears peeled, your hearts open and your cameras ready to capture and share!

Without further adieu...

Delights from Donna
Angela was trying to get some great shots for the Village photo contest. I decided to wash and hang out all of Dominics Bumgenius and Angela decided it was photo worthy.

I had Mary and Clara help me and they were the best little helpers in the world. My intention was that they would be in the picture but I think we all forgot and just had a wonderful time together. I got to see the beauty the Angela and Simone see in their girls every day. It felt like a connective moment between the three of us. I know what it feels like to see it in my on son but I think it is something special to see it in others' children. I adore all of your children and look forward to more little moments with all of them!

Angela's Artistry






Jacob's Joy
When he heard that I was asking friends to share beauty, Jacob wanted to contribute too.  In his own words:

My beauty is Cecilia.  She is the best baby I have ever met.  She is cute.  She is beautiful.  She says a lot of words.  She's the best little sister.  It's going to be so fun when she's 5.

Mommy, I also want to share this beauty:  Apple Appetite and the Amazing Day.  

 LOVE that kid!

Beth's Bouncing BoyThis morning Jack was fussing and Rob was trying to soothe him, and finally he handed him to me and Jack immediately smiled and went "Ha, hah!", as if to say "Yes, it was MOMMY I wanted!" Very flattering to me, if not poor Rob -- that's my bit of beauty!

Nicole's Newness
Nicole wanted to share, 'just how important friendship is and how it truly strengthens the soul. It feels like sunshine running through your veins!"

 had called off work for about a week due to an unexplainable vasculitis on my ankle. It was a very emotionally and physically draining week in which I was constantly going to the doctor to get rechecked, keeping my ankle up, and attempting to protect and shield it from very energetic children and fluffy pets.

I went back to work to my night shift. For those of you who haven't worked it, you have no clue how difficult this particular shift is. In a word: CRAZY. LOL. All laughing aside, it does have its positives as well. I grabbed my Mt Dew, and off I went..feeling particularly sorry for myself.

I have one particular patient who demands attention constantly throughout the night...open the window, shut the window, turn up the heat, take off my blanket, thirsty, and so on and so forth. In all honesty, as I went over my care notes, I really was dreading the long night that I knew lay ahead of me.

Like clockwork, as soon as my co-worker left, "Princess" rang. I sighed as I thought..let the games begin! I opened her bedroom door..my ears were unappreciative of the usual loud music that she found so necessary to keep on throughout the night. Then, I saw her..so tiny amidst the large fluffy white bed. Her eyes wandered just like a child's searching for comfort.

Then she saw me..a look appeared on her face..was that a smile??

As I bent to speak to her, she smiled with her face AND her eyes.

"How is your ankle? I missed you so much!."

Then I smiled. I thought of all the long nights I had spent with this little 97 yr old woman. Half of the time she couldn't remember what she ate during the day or what song she had listened to..which is quite common among the elderly with dementia. But..she remembered me.

"It's doing better, " I replied as I helped her sit up.

She smiled again as we saw eachother eye to eye.

"I love you", she said.

It was then my turn to smile..and boy did I smile..with my face, my eyes, and my soul :)

Sharon's Sublimity
A piece of beauty from my week. I am entering this in the Village Photo Contest and titled it "The Giving Tree" (Many thanks to Shel Silverstein for the idea) I love how the Village has provided opportunities for learning and growth for my children and myself.


Theresa's Treasures
My little bit of beauty is watching my husband with his new baby. :)

Quintessential Quinn
Beauteous moment of the Sunday afternoon: Leo toddling around Grandma and Papa's backyard for the first time.  Ah, the curiosity in his blue-eyed, blonde-haired, rosy-cheeked, sweat-beaded nose of a face!  The moment I wish I could have captured forever on camera was when I was following behind him, practically tangled in the bleached-white bedsheet on the clothesline, as it billowed and then snapped back at us in the wind, shading and then revealing the glow of the early evening sun.  He fearlessly yet somewhat awkwardly blazed through the white barrier, pushing himself back up to his feet each time the windy sheet stole his balance.  My sparkly-eyed son is truly a little lion cub--cuddly, golden, and growling. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Danielle,
    I can't see my pictures... is it my computer?

    ReplyDelete