Sunday, December 19, 2010

Carols+Wine+Friends=FUN

http://img.costumecraze.com/images/vendors/rubies/9059-Old-School-Gold-MC-Vest-main.jpgAs many of you may know, Kevin and I are choir dorks.

We both sang in choirs for much of our life----church choirs, high school choirs.  Let it be known that Kevin was even in Swing Choir.  There may have been gold lame vests involved, and they may have sung/danced to the Mission Impossible theme song.  Just sayin'.

We met and fell in love while in Folk Choir at Notre Dame, and the story goes on from there.

Anyhoo, now that life has us busy with dissertatin' and child rearin', the closest we get to choir singing is outside the hookah tree (woot woot to the Elliots) when I force people to sing with me under punishment of no more hookah.

Due to the sheer lack of choir opportunities, I always look forward to the annual Anderson Carol Sing.  Dr. Gary Anderson (Kev's director) and his wife, Lisa, host a December gathering every year replete with an abundance of wine, delicious food and dang good singin'.  Nothing gets me in the Christmas spirit like a glass of pinot grigio and a rousing rendition of In Dulci Jubilo with a roomful of ridiculously intelligent worldwide scholars.  Tru dat.  (Kinda lovin' the jaunty flautist at the beginning of this video).

Of course, I have to post some of my favorite renditions of carols/fav tracks from Christmas albums:

Who doesn't love them some Sufjan?

A favorite Advent tune, haunting.  Seriously, who better than Josh Garrells????

And what Christmas would be complete w/o Amy Grant's cheese-a-riffic Breath of Heaven (which I secretly still love).

Though I could spend hours on this game,  we'll save more for the rest of the week.  I promise at least one new post of Advent/Christmas music sharing a day.

Until then, dear reader, discover the beauty!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Love it - wonderful version of O Come O Come Emmanuel. Listened to it twice!

    ReplyDelete