Thursday, December 16, 2010

Random Joys

It's been exhilirating to share some of the scattered and sundry thoughts that swish, swirl, undulate, percolate, teem, trickle, swell, spew, sluice, emanate, abound, arise, exude, ripple and exudate from my brain at any given moment.  (Yes, those were from an online thesaurus.  Yes, it's been one of my favorite books/tools since childhood.  Yes, I think most of the aforementioned words and their various partners in crime are quite onomatopoetic). 


A small tangent and caveat, kind reader:  I have ADD.  In a joking way and in a bona fide way.  If you are in it for the long haul (and I hope you are), you will be the victim of many an aside.  Enjoy it like you would the sublime oddities at Madame Tussad's Wax Museum.

SOOOO, onward.  One of the things I will likely do often is a kind of spontaneous celebration of the things that bring me joy in a given moment---and you can bet your bottom dollar they will be intense and they will be random.

Tonight's Spontaneous Celebration 
(sentence-fragments, made-up words and crazy punctuation are allowed, in fact, encouragitated....)

The incredible self-control it takes to avoid giving all my Christmas gifts out before they are even wrapped, just to see the excitement.

The serendipitous trip (long-avoided) I took shopping last night (thanks Ang and Donna) during which I found a non-super girly tea set, which Jacob has asked for for some time now.  It's tin.  And vintagey.  And it has Scottish Terriers. 

Similar to this but even cuter:               http://feeds2.yourstorewizards.com/1270/images/250x1000/scottie-dog-tea-set.jpg



The fact that I lost control this morning and gave Jacob said early Christmas gift.

The incredible face of sheer elation at the gift and ensuing tea parties with real friends, stuffed friends, Mommy and sissy.  Oh, and it was declared the most favorite toy of all toys.

~~~~~~

My selfish buy last night.  
I had one as a child and need one as my luvvie for when we're gone. 
Totally not kidding:


http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_rjxurbmMF9Y/TI2BYGmbuBI/AAAAAAAAJzQ/3bCYL15DuVM/s1600/monchichi.jpg
Total coolness points for anyone who knows what this fine creature is.
~~~~~~~

http://www.npr.org/2010/12/16/132113887/misfit-tunes-little-known-holiday-music

http://www.npr.org/2010/12/16/132113887/misfit-tunes-little-known-holiday-music

~~~~~~

Cheerio!

2 comments:

  1. We have a monchichi from when Tyson was growing up! I had never heard of them before and I'm still not used to seeing it around. It's creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know for sure had this not been a beloved toy growing up, I would not allow the thing in my sight... :)

    ReplyDelete