Tuesday, December 28, 2010

(Mostly) Irrational Fears

We leave for Israel in 13 days.
13 DAYS!!!! 
This gorgeous pic was derived from a humble Flip video, taken by Kev this summer

I'm not gonna lie.  When I start to think about our family dropping us at O'Hare and then going through the crazy security with our kids and a gate check stroller and 4x40 lb carry ons I get anxious heart palpatations and feel like I might break out in hives.

We are going to live an a  foreign country for 4 months.  With two small children.  For whom we are supposed to be responsible.  
Aren't they just freakin' adorable??
 [WAIT---what??  Two small children, aged one and almost FIVE??  Umm, I was under the impression that I was still kinda playing house and I'd wake up soon to my mom calling me home for dinner]. 

What if some insane What's Up Doc shennanigans happen and I accidentally end up flying the plane because I knocked out the captain who invited me up to the cabin to sing 
the Israeli national anthem?

Or what if I we catch some crazy bird/goat/camel flu and end up in bed 
with no one to care for us?

What if I suffer a bad bout of depression and am miserable?

What if my friends forget me?

What if Jacob, in missing his socialization, will conjure a dozen imaginary friends 
all named Thor?

Deep cleansing breath.  In through the nose, out through the mouth.    
In through the nose, out through the mouth. 

No, Danielle. 
It's time for the big girl panties.  
The ones with the gold stars and the a$$ kickin' boots.
to help get my bidniz together and 
suck the marrow out of this adventure.

Bring it.


2 comments:

  1. You'll do so well! I'm glad you're taking the opportunity because I'd love to do something like that! I'll be praying for your peace of mind! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is just great! so honest and real! You are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete