Monday, January 17, 2011

Self-Improvement Plan, Address Correction and Arabic Lesson and not in that order :)

Today was our first "normal" day, with Kevin working in the library most of the day, with a break for lunch and a short walk.  Let's just say it was a long day.  I'm certainly feeling the lack of a large fenced-in non-rocky backyard for the kids to frolic in, so I think we're going to get a membership to the zoo a.s.a.p.  As long as Jacob has plenty of time outside, he does much better.

Ceci is just little miss mobile--climbing on everything and downright running all over the apartment.  The space is a great blessing, as it's easily 3-4 times the size of ours at home, so she's happy as a clam to motor around, squealing with delight at every turn.  Pretty much adorbs.

However, it was a rough day for her, too, as she took a tumble headfirst onto the tile floor and then at dinner she semi-choked on a bean and proceeded to lose the entire contents of her stomach.  Oy ve.
~~~~~~~

On a different note, it's been such a nice change to be more active as a whole family.   We climb up and down the large hill at least once a day and of course any trip into the city warrants tons of walking.  I can already feel my clothes loosening,  my fatigue lessening and my energy increasing.  It helps to have Kevin as a live-in personal trainer who also brings me random vitamins and supplements throughout the day.  :)

I am taking this time to do more self-care and get to a place where I think I'm beautiful.  Of course it means oodles to have an adoring husband who spends much of our time together showering me with "You're beautiful"s and "I'm so in love with you"s.  But I have to believe it, I have to own it.  And I haven't for a long time.

It's important that my physical energy/capabilities catch up with the energy of my personality.  I consider myself to be playful, but my physicality often prevents me from doing some of the things I would like to do.  If all continues to go well, you may not recognize me upon my return.  :)

~~~~~~~~

As much of the staff here is Palestinian, I'm trying to learn a little Arabic every day.  I found some great super short lessons on Youtube.  Why don't you learn along?

Tomorrow, I will start with some Hebrew phrases also.

~~~~~
Lastly, I realized when I posted our address last night, it wasn't formatted correctly.  This is how it should read:

The Haley Family
Tantur Ecumenical Institute for Theological Studies
P.O. Box 19556
IL-91194 Jerusalem, ISRAEL

Layla tov!

P.S.  Thank you, Campbells, for the lovely Skype session.
If anyone wants to find us, we're generally online under Kevin Joseph Haley!

1 comment: