Sunday, January 9, 2011

Surreal

So, I usually like to obsess over my posts, finding pictures to match my writing, changing font sizes and colors to break up the text, etc.

This is not one of those post.  Because, well, um..

We leave tomorrow.

TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My living room looks like a youth hostel.

The UPS/Fed Ex guys know us by now after delivering, just this week:
A covertible car seat
A pair of boots
An Old Navy order
A camera lens
A dot-to-dot book
Plug adapters
Fingerless gloves
A pocket watch necklace (we don't wear watches)
Random supplements and vitamins
Clint Eastwood classics
A pirate raincoat
Tiger earphones
Extra earbuds
and more......

We have received such love, support and offers to help.

Thank you, Mom and Mama for your hard work organizing, cleaning, packing, kiddo loving and tending to us all.  We are so blessed to have such wonderful mothers, such selfless matriarchs who teach me every day the seemingly boundless love mamas (and papas) have for their children.  You inspire me and show Christ's love in every act of service.

Thank you, Kathleen, for coming up twice in two weeks---to celebrate Jacob's birthday last weekend and to lend a hand this weekend.  You are a bathroom scrubbing rock star, cleaning to the white-glove standard.  The dead honey bees in our bathroom air vent thank you for a respectful burial in the kitchen trash.  Thank you for playing with our sweeties and loving them like your own.  I will miss you, sweet sister.

Thank you Auntie Alicia, Auntie Julia, Auntie Claire and Tom for all the fun activities and events you have done with Jacob.   I seriously do not know what I would do without you.  I am deeply grateful to have that sisters who are also best friends. 

Thank you, Kathleen R. for opening your home to the Chat Pack Club, for providing a safe and welcoming space to nurture new friendships and old.  I can't wait for summer punch and patio hookahfests.

Thank you, dad, for driving us to Chicago tomorrow and being our dependable go-to guy.

Thank you to all my lovely friends---you know who you are!  Thank you for the thoughts, prayers, notes, calls...we feel so loved.

We leave South Bend at noon (if you care to see us off :), we fly out of South Bend to Newark at 6:00. and fly from Newark to Tel Aviv at 10:50, arriving at 4:10 the next day.

Please keep us in your prayers as we travel, and I'll post again when we've settled in.

Layla tov!!

2 comments:

  1. Best wishes to you and your family, Danielle!! Safe travels!! I am looking forward to reading about your new adventure. What an awesome experience for you and your kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Post again soon! I can't wait to hear how you are doing!

    ReplyDelete